jueves, 5 de mayo de 2011

Gamification in Education 2

by Liam Bourret-Nyffeler

Ok... hmm. So I was going to write something else but tonight the same people at Extra Creditz [sic] uploaded a new video focusing on this with a focus on education.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/3167-Gamifying-Education

I write this a little on the spot as I was not expecting a follow-up to their previous video but I find that I could well be worth investing more time in some of the ideas they put forward. I especially like the idea of the earning levels system. This is something I know from personal experience in online military FPS (First Person Shooter) games, although I rarely find myself too interested in that particular genre. However, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare changed the landscape when they implemented this system and I found enjoying myself far more than I would otherwise have done so.

Please post critical responses to the points they bring up. I will be honest that I'm not hugely convinced of some of the linking activities they suggest however I am more than open to try as I have little knowledge of that style of teaching.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario